Monthly Archives: April 2008
According to the wiki of Louie Louie, lead singer Jack Ely says that, indeed, the word “F**K” is uttered at 0:54, but not by him. Too bad the FBI has better things to worry about now.
The 45-minute Metal Gear NES speedrun:
Aaaand, outtakes from Who’s Line Is It Anyway (American). Some profanity, to warn ye.
Ah crap, it was too funny. Here’s more Who’s Line:
A Fifth of Drew and Co:
Cold in the Studio:
Check out YouTube for more.
Sorry if that’s mean, but I just love watching animals get drunk. I don’t condone “forcing” an animal to get drunk, but when they do without direct persuasion of humans, I can’t get enough. You could argue that, in this video, humans are allowing animals to get drunk in ways they wouldn’t normally…whatever, just watch the clip.
I’ve seen this one a number of times, and it still gets to me. Just a moment’s passing in a baseball game, but even 30+ years after the fact it’s still an amazing gut-reaction on Monday’s part.
This is a message primarily aimed at Generation Y/Why, but us latter X’ers can take note as well.
This is a fun little song, but I don’t “entirely” agree with it. I wish we could have some mish-mash form of English evolve from current American-English and the incoming Mexican-Spanish dialect. I mean, look at the history of the English language. You have so many invasions, notably by the Normans, Norse, Romans, and what-have-you, that modern English is almost nothing like early Middle Ages English. Why can’t we just sort of inject that kind of blending of languages without resorting to bloodshed? Spanglish, anyone?
Anyhow, I’ll shut up and let you listen.
Now…for just a moment, can you see a hippo in the stars? Right when the giant 3-D HBO appears in the sky. I always could when I was a kid.
Or new “gripes” if you prefer.
1) Learn to drive that SUV. Yes, it’s a bigger car. The lines seem closer because they ARE. Your goal is not to eat those white “dots”, Pac-Man.
2) When going to a public bathroom, NO TALKING. If I wanted conversation with my junk out, I’d want dinnner and a movie first. But seriously, when I’m “dropping ballast”, I don’t want to speak to you. Or look at you. Or even acknowledge your existence. (Random thought…it’s words like “acknowledge” that give those English 2nd language folks such fits. Just look at how many useless letters are in that word.)
3. Also, whan going to a public bathroom. NO TALKING ON YOUR CELLPHONE. For one thing, ICK! Dude, you realize you’re PEEING, and when you’re PEEING, droplets of PEE go places, and not always where you’re aiming. So not only is it rude, it’s unsanitary. No wonder you caught that cold 3 times last winter, dummy.
4. When walking down the hall, walk on the right side. We’re in America, people.
5. When passing, either in the hall or on the road, pass on the left, drive/walk slow on the right. With the driving example, if your left-turn exit is more than 1/2 mile ahead, and if the traffic is rather light, you better either be driving fast, or you better get your butt over into the right lane. Now, if the traffic is heavier, I understand that you might want to stay in the left lane. But if you do, at least drive the speed limit for pete’s sake.
6. When merging onto the interstate, you don’t “always” have to speed up. Sometimes you can slow down and merge “behind” me. A similar thought process works on an airplane. Let’s say you have a water landing (crash into the ocean), and you need to get out, fast. Most people will probably freak out and rush toward the front of the plane. Me, I’ll hop some seats and go toward one of the rear exits instead. See, sometimes hanging back is a better option. (Or maybe I worked two hard to get two thoughts into the same rant.)
7. If you’re foolish enough to merge ahead of me instead of the HUUUGE space behind me, drive the dang speed limit! Don’t slow down! If you wanted to drive slow, merge behind me you fool! Sheesh!
That’s all for now. Get to work.